Bot Installation FAQs
This section contains the FAQs related to the installation of various type of bot
- 1.our website's HTML code
- 2.Paste the script in the head or body tag of your HTML code
- 1.Ensure that you paste the script before the tag is closed, i.e., paste the script before
- 2.Make sure BotPenguin should be the last script to execute, as some scripts may override the BotPenguin script.
After you have logged into your BotPenguin account, Go to the Bots Tab, select the desired Bot, and navigate to the Install section.
- 1.Move to the WordPress section and copy the API key available there.
- 2.Open your website's wp-admin, adding "/wp-admin" at the end of your Domain URL. E.g., If your website URL is "www.expample.com," then you can open WP-Admin using the Link "www.example.com/wp-admin"
- 3.Go to Plugins > Add new > Search Botpenguin > Install now > Activate plugin"
- 4.Install the "BotPenguin" Plugin and then activate the same.
- 5.Upon activating the Plugin, you will be redirected to the plugins page with the confirmation message "Plugin Activated."
- 6.Once your Plugin is activated, paste the Bot Penguin API key in the Box named "BotPenguin Snippet" that you Copied from your BotPenguin account.
- 7.Save the Settings, and you are all set. BotPenguin has been integrated into your website.
If you have both wp-rocket and BotPenguin Plugin/Script added to your WordPress site, You may face the issue of the BotPenguin not showing up on the website.
In case you are facing such issues, try the below steps, and it will solve the problem.
- 1.Login to your wp-admin panel and open the
- 2.Go to the
- 3.Add the
BotPenguinbot script here under
Exclude Java Script Filesoption, and done!
For more details, Check out the following documentation by
BotPenguin is a JS-based software. Hence your browser must support the Java Script. The minimum requirement for some renowned browsers are as follows:
- Google Chrome: Version 51 or above
- Edge: Version 14 or above
- Safari: Version 10 or above
- Firefox: Version 52 or above