Integrate BotPenguin with WooCommerce
This page contains the stepwise tutorial for WooCommerce Integration with BotPenguin
- Having a WhatsApp Chatbot
- Having a WooCommerce Web Store
a. Login to your BotPenguin account. Now, select and click the WhatsApp chatbot you want to integrate with WooCommerce. Click on the ‘Integrate tab.
b. The Integrate Window Will Open up. Select the ‘All Integrations’ Tab.
c. A list of all native integrations for BotPenguin will be available in this window.
d. Now find "WooCommerce" by-
- Either by scrolling down the list or
- by typing ‘WooCommerce’ in the Search Box with the placeholder “Search Integration By Name”
e. Now click on the ‘Edit’ button as shown
f. An interface, as shown below, will open up. Please select the option to create a configuration.
Once you are logged into your WooCommerce account, follow the steps below:
- 1.Advanced > Webhooks
- 2.Add a webhook > Select event> order created / order updated / order deleted
- 4.Note: The API URL is the same as the Delivery URL
- 5.Note: You need to create a separate webhook for every information you want your chatbot to fetch. For example, for orders created, orders updated, and orders deleted, there are three separate webhooks. If you want to configure all of them, you should add the same in woo-commerce. In BotPenguin, you can have separate configurations for orders updated with different statuses and one for orders created and orders deleted.
- 1.Go to your desired WhatsApp chatbot
- 2.Click on Bot Settings
- 3.Click on WhatsApp Profile
- 4.Find the phone number ID field, and copy and paste it inside the WooCommerce webhook settings.
In the WooCommerce integration Edit settings
a. Click on Create an event
b. Select an event
c. Select the template for the event, then save the change
Once you have established a connection between BotPenguin and the WooCommerce website, you are ready for your first test lead. You can test your integration setup by creating a dummy lead on the bot. This lead should appear in your BotPenguin dashboard as well as in the WhatsApp chatbot sent messages.
If you are not getting dummy lead, it may be due to the multiple reasons:
- Wrong Authorization Details added- You will be required to check and see if all the authorization credentials such as API Token, API key, and/or URL has been entered correctly.
- Free plan- You are not subscribed to the paid plan on BotPenguin as integration works only in paid plan.