Create your custom integration or My Integrations
This page contains the details tutorial on how one can build integration with BotPenguin
My Integrationsfeature enables you to make a custom integration with your App and BotPenguin. Here are detailed instructions for you.
Follow below steps to create the integration between your app and BotPenguin
You can find the integration setting in center under highlighted bot
- Navigate to the
My Integrationtab under
Third-party Apps Integrationand click on
- Filled the basic integration details such as
- Name of the integration
- Logo of your app
- Once you have filled in basic details, Enter the API URL which creates the lead, tasks, or ticket in your app, depending on your use case.
- Define API Method and enter the request body, or you can also define the API parameter and header one by one.
- Add the header keys if there is a need to do so. You can find option in the bottom to add the
- Validate your request using the
- Once you have filled in all the details, You will require to map your bot questions to the API Parameters. You can add new parameters from the option available on top.
For example, you select a question from
Question: Please provide your name?
Then, you map it with the parameter - Name
As a result, this mapping will enable integration to send the user's response from BotPenguin to your app’s Name field in the leads. Similarly, for integration to work correctly, you will require to map all other questions/ components of your Bot to your app's field.
Please note that these queries/questions options will be auto fetched from your bot chat flow, So make sure you configure your chat flow first.
- Once done, Save your integration and run a test.
Once you have established a connection between BotPenguin and your app, you are ready to go for your first test lead. You can test your integration setup by creating a dummy lead on the bot. This lead should appear in your BotPenguin dashboard as well as in the app you have integrated.
If you are not getting dummy leads from your Bot to your app, it may be due to multiple reasons:
- Wrong Authorization Details added- You will be required to check and see if all the authorization credentials, such as API Token, API key, and/or URL, have been entered correctly.
- Free plan- You are not subscribed to the paid plan on BotPenguin, as integration works only in a paid plan.
If everything is correct and you are still unable to move forward, write to us at [email protected]. We will respond back within 48 business hours.