Manage & Use Custom Attributes
This page contains information about the custom attributes and how you can use them in BotPenguin
Custom Attributes in BotPenguin are user-defined properties or variables that can be assigned to individual users within your chatbot platform. These attributes enable you to capture and store specific information about users, which they share during chat or can be accessed from external databases. Custom Attributes are a powerful tool for personalizing interactions and creating tailored experiences for users in your chatbot.
There are primarily two types of custom Attributes
- 1.Custom Attributes whose values are being defined by the answers given by users in the chat flow.
- 2.Custom Attributes whose values are being defined using the external API for any user.
Custom Attributes can be used for the following use cases
- 1.Personalize user interactions
- 2.Collect user data
- 3.Use in the WhatsApp broadcast campaigns
- 4.Enhance marketing, support, and engagement
- 5.Use of external APIs in chat flow
- 6.Export chat data that is not being exported by default
Custom attributes in BotPenguin allow you to personalize user interactions and collect specific data. Follow these steps to create and manage custom attributes:
- Log in to your BotPenguin account and access the dashboard.
- On the side navigation bar, locate and click the "More" button.
- From the dropdown menu, select "Account/Settings."
- In the Account/Settings section, find and click on the "Custom Attributes" tab.
- Here, you'll find a list of all your custom attributes. You can edit, delete, bulk delete, and add new custom attributes from this tab.
- To add a new attribute, click the "Add Attribute" button.
Add New Attribute
- Fill in the following details:
- Attribute Key: This is the key that will be saved in the system. Keep it in lowercase characters without any special characters or spaces. For example, if you want to save the city for any user, you can use "city" as the attribute key.
- Attribute Name: This will be the display name of the attribute, such as "City Name."
- Optional Details to fill in for saving API Response in custom attributes
- Select Bot: Choose the bot whose chat input you want to store.
- Select Flow: Choose the flow of that bot.
- Select Question: Choose the question whose answer you want to store.
Refer to the following help doc to understand how can you use custom attributes to save your API responses.
And that's it! You've successfully created a custom attribute in BotPenguin. This attribute can now be used to personalize interactions, segment users, and enhance the overall chatbot experience.